Monday 25 January 2010

Queen Annes Lace


This picture shows how it should look like, I used a 3mm hook with 6strand DMC


Just for KC and any others who fancy giving this a go.

Yet the pictures in some places are a little blurry but I hope the written instructions will get you past that.

Use a hook suitable to yarn thickness and off we go - oh forgot to say instructions in American Double Crochet


Chain 6 and join to make a circle



Chain 3, then 13 DC into the space in the middle of the circle






DO NOT join your work it needs to be kept open.

Chain 1 then turn your work





Work a SC into next 2 DC. *Chain 4 then 2SC in next 2DC* - repeat until there are 6 loops sitting on top.










Chain 6



TURN work and place hook into tthe nearest 4ch loop





and slip stitch



Chain 3



TURN work



Work 13 DC's again like the first circle





Place hook into the nearest 4ch loop on the first motif and join with a slip stitch





Chain 1 and turn work





Work a SC into next 2 DC. *Chain 4 then 2SC in next 2DC* - repeat until there are 6 loops sitting on top.





Place hook into nearest 4chain in opposite motif





Chain 6



TURN work



Place hook into nearest 4 chain motif



and off you go again from

chain 3 dcx13



You continue to the length that you desire and you can leave it like that.

If you would like to border like the set that I did earlier, once you have reached the length you do 3 posts of DC in each 4ch on the outside of your work, then Chain 4 2dc in the next 2 sts.

This will fill the scarf out and make it chunkier.

As per usual please post if you don't understand this.


Written

Chain 6 and join into a ring.

Round 1: Chain 3 - work 13 DC into ring. DO NOT JOIN!
Chain 1
TURN
Work a SC into next 2 DC. *Chain 4 - SC in next 2 DC. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops).
Chain 6
TURN

2: Slip stitch into the 1st free CH4 loop.
Chain 3
TURN
Work 13 DC into the CH6 loop
Slip stitch into the the 1st sSC of the 1st motif - chain 1 - turn
SC in next 2 DC
*Chain 4 - SC in next 2 DC. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops).
Chain 6
TURN

3: Slip stitch in 1st free CH4 loop of adjoining motif
Chain 3
TURN
Work 13 DC into CH6 loop
Slip stitch in next free CH4 loop of adjoining motif
Chain 1
TURN
SC in next 2 DC. *Chain 4 - SC in next 2 DC. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops)
Slip stitch into next free CH4 loop of adjoining motif
Chain 6
TURN

4:Repeat step 3 for desired scarf length

Happy hooking

6 comments:

  1. Its beautiful, I'll definately give this one a go. In fact I might start it today - it will probably take me 20 mins to find the right hook and yarn.


    I tend to work mainly with US instructions, I find they make more sense than the UK ones. Even though as a POM I was taught the UK way.


    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog - I shall have a good look at you tutorials as I am trying to learn crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lace! I have never had the patience to sit and do any yarn work but I love the way it looks.
    Happy crafting!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tallis, thanks for popping by my blog. Your tutorial looks great, I haven't done any crochet yet but when I do, I shall definitely come back to this post for reference!

    ReplyDelete